We had been developing RocReport for about a month now. We started working on it for the ATT Rochester Civic App Challenge and got first prize in the kickoff hackathon. Since that hackathon, we have rewritten the entire backend and we have created a proper API and an Android app. We have also bought the domain rocreport.org.
For HackUpstate 2014 Spring, we decided to work on some of the other remaining pieces – the iOS app and the website. For 24 hours from saturday afternoon to today (sunday) afternoon, Debjit Saha worked on the iOS app and I worked on the website.
By the end of the hackathon, we were quite pleased with what we had accomplished. We now have a fully functional iOS app and a website for RocReport. We also had time to integrate Dwolla for payment into the backend.
This was my second HackUpstate and I had a blast just like last time – so many cool hacks and lot of good food. I especially like Dr Coffee – and with the Raspberry Pi we won today, I might try to create something like that.
Here are some screenshots of what we had accomplished.
The android app was not developed during this hackathon. However we had made good progress since the Hackathon at ATT Rochester Civic App Challenge.
Source Code & API
Our work on RocReport is completely open-source. You can check out the source code on github.
Our API will also be open. However, since the project is under active development, we are not allowing public access to yet. However, if you want to check it out, email me or Debjit.