Hacker News Android 2.90
This is just a bug fix release. So there are only minor changes.
- Bug fixes - Thanks everyone for all the bug reports. I think all the bugs reported before last week has been fixed.
- UI Changes - The UI of the comments page has been changed a bit to make it easier to make out the comment nesting. The title also hides on scrolling down the comments list.
- Landscape Support - Landscape mode is supported.
In addition to the internet access, the Hacker News Android now requires two more permissions:
- find accounts on the device
- prevent phone from sleeping
These additional permissions are because of Google Cloud Messaging. The app uses GCM to notify users when someone replies to their comment on Hacker News. However, because of several reasons, I will be activating them for only a few users initially.
Download & rate
If you have not installed the app, you can install it from the Google Play Store and do not forget to rate the app.
Please send report bugs and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.